Tuesday 18 June 2013

Kareena Kapoor is my genuine crush: Arjun Kapoor

Kareena Kapoor is my genuine crush: Arjun Kapoor


He is in his second year in Bollywood and two films old but Arjun Kapoor finds himself in a lucky space having bagged roles opposite top leading actresses including Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone.

The 27-year-old actor made his Bollywood debut last year opposite Parineeti Chopra in Ishaqzaade. In his upcoming films - Gunday, Hindi remake of Telegu film Okkadu, Finding Fanny Fernandes and Two States - Arjun will be seen opposite Priyanka, Sonakshi Sinha, Deepika Padukone and Alia Bhatt respectively.

But Arjun is not yet content. He wants to work with every Bollywood actress, including his childhood crush Kareena Kapoor.

"I want to work with Anushka (Sharma), Katrina (Kaif) and yes not to forget Kareena Kapoor as she is my first genuine crush. But I don't know when I will get the opportunity. It is always good to work with different actors, instead of repeating the same. May be by next year, I will have projects opposite them. I want to work with all of them," he said.



"I am really lucky in comparison to all the other young actors because I am working with all the top actresses whether it is Priyanaka, Deepika, Sonakshi, Parineeti. I am also working with Alia," Arjun told.

Asked why he thinks he has become the 'chosen one' when it comes to casting in roles opposite almost every actress of this generation, the actor said, "I think I am one of the few actors in the younger generation, who looks good with all of them, which is a rare thing. I am the type who can fit in with a young girl like Alia and someone like Priyanka who is a woman."

Arjun's second release Aurangzeb, which also starred Rishi Kapoor, Jackie Shroff and Tamil star Prithviraj Sukumaran, did not do as good as his first film but he is not disheartened.


"Each film has its own fate. It might not have done as good as Ishaqzaade but they were different films. It would be unfair to compare them. Aurangzeb made Rs 25 crores business. If you look at it as a songless, action-drama with no heroine, no starcast then it did good.

"So, in my head I feel I can alone pull in Rs 25 crore. Tomorrow if I have a formidable actress, song and dance routine, may be I can pull in more. I look at it in a positive way," Arjun said.

The actor, who is the son of producer Boney Kapoor, is working with top production houses like Yash Raj Films and Karan Johar's Dharma Productions. But for Arjun it is not a big deal as he would have not settled for anything less.

"I have never been star struck in my life. For me it is not a big deal because I would expect nothing less out of me. I would consider it as a failure if I became an actor and didn't work with the best.


"But I am not complacent. I may be laid back in my approach but that doesn't mean I am not ambitious. I know there is time and place for what I want to achieve so there is no point rushing."

No comments:

Post a Comment