Friday 21 June 2013

Kolaveri Di' haunts me: Dhanush

Kolaveri Di` haunts me: Dhanush



'Kolaveri Di' made him famous beyond south but actor-singer Dhanush says the Tamil song has started haunting him

The song, in English and Tamil, is from Dhanush's south movie '3' and talks about the heartbreak of a boy. It became an instant rage online and inspired many parodies soon after its release. Dhanush, 29, however, finds it hard to move beyond the song.

"It is just annoying after a point. I don't want to sing that song anymore. It has started haunting me and I just want to stay away from it. Everywhere I go people associate me with it, I want to get away from it," he said.

The actor is all set to make his Bollywood debut with Hindi film 'Raanjhanaa' where he plays a Banarasi boy opposite Sonam Kapoor. The film releases tomorrow. Dhanush says he was not looking for a career in Bollywood and 'Raanjhanaa' came to him by chance.

"Not knowing Hindi or entering a new space never bothered me but the only problem was I did not have that kind of time and was not ready to do a Hindi film. But the script convinced me and I am glad I took it up," Dhanush said.

Directed by Anand L Rai, the movie also stars Abhay Deol. Dhanush, who is not very fluent with Hindi, feels had he known the language it would have been more comfortable to shoot the film.

"I didn't take any Hindi classes because I didn't have time. Anand sir and my writer helped me with the language on sets. They made sure I did it right. If I knew the language better I could have given more and been more comfortable."

No comments:

Post a Comment