Friday 28 June 2013

Never realised I was away for 15 months: Vidya Balan

Never realised I was away for 15 months: Vidya Balan


Vidya Balan was last seen in "Kahaani" which released in March last year but the actress says she did not realise she was away from the big screen for 15-long months

The 35-year-old actress is, however, hoping to make a triumphant return to the big screen with her upcoming film "Ghanchakkar".

"There was a 15-month break after 'Kahaani' and I did not realise that I was away for so long. But it was a not a break, I was doing things. After 'Kahaani', I started preparing for 'Ghanchakkar', I got married.

I just took a month-long break. Then I began 'Shaadi Ke Side Effects'. Then the Cannes Festival. I have been working these past 15 months," Vidya told in an interview. In Rajkumar Gupta directed 'Ghanchakkar', Vidya has been paired opposite Emraan Hashmi, who plays her husband. The comedy thriller has been produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Vidya's husband Siddharth Roy Kapur.

The film will hit theatres tomorrow. "Playing a loud, Punjabi housewife was not at all easy. I had to stop working out so that I would look the part. It was difficult having to go through the same 'Dirty Picture' phase again. But I saw the film few days ago and I am really happy with it," Vidya said.

The National award-winning actress has been on a promotional spree. Vidya has not just been city hopping but has appeared in many reality TV shows and dailies. "I enjoy meeting people. Hence I enjoy promotions. Earlier, it used to be a little difficult as I was shy.

But I enjoy it more now. I have fun," she said. But the actress, who was part of hit TV show 'Hum Paanch', says she is not ready to return to the small screen anytime soon. "I cannot do full-fledged TV. It is too much of hard work.

It is fine as long as it is promotions," Vidya said. Vidya still has 10-days shoot left for "Shaadi Ke Side Effects", which will see her opposite Farhan Akhtar. When asked if she has signed Mohit Suri's next, she said, "I have not signed it yet. I am considering it."

No comments:

Post a Comment