Monday 24 June 2013

Ranveer Singh spat on Sonakshi Sinha's face




Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha who are on promotional spree for their upcoming movie, ‘Lootera’ had faced a tough time during the shooting of the movie. Sonakshi who debuted with ‘Dabangg’ opposite Salman Khan and worked with big names of the industry walked out of the ‘Lootera’ set when Ranveer spat on her face while delivering a dialogue. It did not happen once but several times and the consequence was that the actress walked out of the set.
"She got so angry with me that she stormed out of the sets of the film. It has never happened to me before," quoted Ranveer as saying.

Recalling the incident, Ranveer said “There is a scene where I hold Sonakshi tightly and yell `You called the police?` I was in the skin of the character at that time and so the intensity was such that spit came out each time I said the dialogue.”

The ‘Band Baaja Baraat’ actor admitted that he had a tough time pacifying his co-star after the incident so that the shooting could resume smoothly.

‘Lootera’ is partly based on O’Henry’s short story ‘The Last Leaf’. Set in 1950, the film is shot in rural Bengal. The film has been directed by Vikramaditya Motwane.

Speaking about his character Ranveer Singh said,"He (the character) is not flamboyant at all which is why I selected this character as I didn't want to get restricted to acting roles that were loud. I didn't want to get slotted. I wanted to show my versatility and vary my repertoire as a performer". 
The film is slated to release on July 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment