Monday 17 June 2013

Sonu Nigam to compose music for Bollywood films

Sonu Nigam to compose music for Bollywood films

Monday, June 17, 2013 12:59 IST
Looks like after years of singing behind the cameras, Sonu Nigam is getting ready to take on a bigger role. The playback singer is scheduled to compose music for four upcoming Hindi films

The playback singer is scheduled to compose music for four upcoming Hindi films.

The National Award winning singer has been off the radar in Bollywood for a while now. In the time being, he has been focussing on South cinema -- mainly Kannada films.

The 39-year-old, who just returned after performing in Dubai, says, `As of now, I can only mention three films which I'm composing the music for -- Jal, Super Se Upar and the theme track for Singh Sahab the Great.

There's one more film I'm not supposed to talk about, as it hasn't been announced yet. Despite reducing my singing assignments, I'm still caught up with work and busy like never before.`

So is it a natural progression for a singer to turn to composing as they mature? Sonu disagrees. `I was a musician first and then I became a singer. From an early age, I've always been comfortable with keyboard and percussions. I'm good with softwares too.

Composition doesn't come to everyone as it needs constant practice. Besides, this is not the first time I'm providing music because I've done it earlier for my album Chanda Ki Doli. I arranged several songs from my other albums as well, ` sums up Sonu.

No comments:

Post a Comment