Thursday 20 June 2013

Theatre akin to investment for comedian Kapil

Theatre akin to investment for comedian Kapil



Popular stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma, who has turned producer with "Comedy Nights with Kapil", considers his 12-year theatre experience, when he worked for free, as an investment.

In 2005, he won the stand-up comedy reality series "The Great Indian Laughter Challenge-Season 3". Now he is coming out with his show that will go on air June 22 on Colors channel.

"I have been planning for a very long time to start my own production house. I thank god that my dream has come true so soon, " Kapil said Tuesday at the launch of the show.

"I had done theatre for 12 years for free and now I feel that was a kind of investment for me. I got to learn a lot from that experience, " he added.

Meanwhile, Kapil has a lot more on his to-do list.

"I have an actor, a singer inside me. There are a lot of things, which I have to do and I am very happy that I am launching myself as a producer with the show, which is very unique in itself, " said Kapil.

Sumona Chakravarti, Ali Asgar, Upasana Singh and Naseem Vicky will seen playing various family members of Kapil's family in the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment