Sunday 16 June 2013

What I learnt from my father: Celebrity speak



Ustad Amjad Ali Khan: My father (the Hindustani classical exponent Hafiz Ali Khan) taught me that with patience and tolerance one could achieve one’s goal in life.”
Amit Kumar: In our time there was no day set aside for mothers and fathers. My father (maestro Kishore Kumar) was from the village and never subscribed to these urban laws of living. His advice to me for the 35 years that I was with him was to believe in simple and high living and to avoid hypocrisy at any cost.
Tiger Shroff: The one main thing that my father(Jackie Shroff) has taught me would be to love and respect my mother. His mother was everything to him. To me both my parents are everything for me. I can’t choose one over the other.
Rahul Khanna: What I learnt from my father (Vinod Khanna) is that dogs are an important part of a fulfilling life.
Rakesh Roshan: My father (legendary music composer Roshan) taught me to practice honesty and passion in whatever I do.
Tajdar Amrohi: What I learnt from my father (the legendary filmmaker Kamal Amrohi) is the value of humility. I was taught by my father to love and respect everyone no matter what his or her status in life. The only time I was slapped was when I was rude to a servant once. My father’s humility stays with me even today.
Aarya Babbar: Everything about life I’ve learnt from my father(actor-politician Raj Babbar). But the one lesson I’ve learnt from him as a professional actor is the value of time. From him I’ve learnt that when a producer pays for an actor’s time he can do what he likes with it.And from that came my biggest lesson: patience.
Pinky Bhalla: I would like to be cool, calm and generous like my father(Pran).
Girish Taurani: My father(producer Kumar Taurani) has taught me many things. But the one lesson that I’ve learnt from him is to try to be a good humanbeing. It isn’t about just  being good or not being good. My father taught me you’ve to work on it every single day. I’d like to pass on this lesson to my children. Happy Father’s Day, Dad.
Prem Kishen: My father(actor Premnath) taught me have faith in God and to play my part with all my heart  and not bother with results.
Vivaan Shah: I’ve learnt many things from my father(Naseeruddin Shah). But most of all I’ve learnt the importance of kindness and sensitivity towards people . His discipline and dedication have taught me a lot.
Baba Azmi: What I learnt from Abba(poet-activist Kaifi Azmi) is that that no job/work is big or small.Aim to be the best in whatever you do.
Zayed Khan: My father(actor-director Sanjay Khan) taught me the value of a focussed vision in life and that the word ‘impossible’ only exists in the mind.
Ayaan Ali Khan: My father(Ustad Amjad Ali Khan) taught me to be good humanbeing. The rest including good music, would just follow.
Amaan Ali Khan: The one thing I have learnt from my father is to be helpful to the needy.
Pooja Bhatt: Integrity courage and passion are what I’ve inherited from my father(Mahesh Bhatt).
Rahul Bhatt: My dad(Mahesh Bhatt) is an exceptional man. He taught me the biggest risk in life is to not take a risk at all and that  nothing helps you succeed like failure.
Rajeev Chaurasia: My father(the flautist Hari Prasad Chaurasia)’s lesson to me: each of us has the power to rise above mediocrity to achieve excellence by completely surrendering our being to whatever we do in our daily existence. The management jargon for this  is,perserverance with passion . We in the world of music and arts term is simply as Bhakti and Sadhana.This is what I see and learn from my father, my rock star, every day.
Jackie Shroff: Sabr(patience) is what I learnt from my father.
Bappi Lahiri: My father(musican Apresh Lahiri) taught me that work is worship and and that being a good humanbeing is more important than bring successful.
Alka Yagnik: My father my hero my role model taught me tolerance and compassion for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment