Wednesday 27 February 2013

At least I managed to release 'Zila Ghaziabad'

At least I managed to release `Zila Ghaziabad`

Broker-turned-producer talks about releasing 'Zila Ghaziabad' with none of his actors promoting it

Producer Vinod Bachchan's film Zila Ghaziabad might not have hit the bull's eye but he seems to be pretty happy over the fact that he has managed to make the film and release it in spite of facing all kind of odds. Bachchan, who is known in Bollywood as an estate agent, went through rough weather completing the film and releasing it. Earlier he had made a couple of films including Tanu Weds Manu.

He says, `We aimed to complete the film in 80 days but it took about 129 days. But I guess that's the price one has to pay while making a film with so many actors. Filmmaking is a difficult job and one needs passion to make it. Only money cannot make a film, it is hard work.`

Speaking about his actors not promoting his film, he says, `I can't deny the fact that I was under tremendous pressure. Actors have the tendency to see their own roles and not the film in totality. Arshad was with me right throughout but he preferred to promote Jolly LLB and not my film and Vivek also decided to promote Jayantabhai so it's alright.`


About his journey in Bollywood, he says, `I came to Bombay at 15 after my parents expired. I wanted to be an actor so I started assisting people and did about 16 films as an assistant to A Muthu, David Dhawan, Shashilal Nair and Mazhar Khan.

After that I did some modelling and acting but nothing worked. Than I went to Dubai and worked there as a dishwasher in a restaurant. After I came back, since no work was happening, I became an estate agent before realising my dream of making films.`

No comments:

Post a Comment