Thursday 28 February 2013

Big B to work with Anurag Kashyap, again

Big B to work with Anurag Kashyap, again

After doing a short film together, megastar Amitabh Bachchan and acclaimed filmmaker Anurag Kashyap are now joining hands for a yet untitled full-length feature film.

It is being produced under the Phantom Films banner.

The film, to go on floors early 2014, is a thriller with an ensemble cast with Amitabh in the lead role.

The 70-year-old veteran is all praises for Kashyap, known for movies like "Dev D" and "Gangs of Wasseypur".

"I am delighted to be working with Anurag, a director, who has through his rugged belief in his kind of cinema, compelled us to fall in line with him. I have a general concept of the story and anxiously wait for him to begin shooting, " Amitabh said in a statement.

Kashyap too is "thrilled" about the collaboration.

"Like everyone, I have also been a fan of Mr.Bachchan from my growing-up years. Though I wanted to make a film with him for the longest time, I wanted to be sure that the role is something he has never done before. While working on the short film with him, I got this idea, which we discussed and he agreed, " he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment