Wednesday 1 May 2013

Big B, Anurag Kashyap bury the hatchet




About two years ago, the strife between megastar Amitabh Bachchan and the busiest director in Bollywood Anurag Kashyap came out into the open. Kashyap had openly levelled a number of accusations against the Bachchans in his Facebook page. He said that Bachchan has deliberately sabotaged the release of the film Chittagung which has been made by Bedabrata Pain – a friend of Kashyap. At this time Abhishek Bachchan’s kheley hum ji jaan se was scheduled to be released and both the films had common subject. Kashyap accused Amitabh of sabotaging Chittagung to promote Abhishek’s film. Since then, the rift between the two has been obvious.
The good news is that both of them have now buried their differences and are ready to work together again. In fact, Amitabh will appear in a short film directed by Kashyap in the collection of films Bombay talkies. This is a collection of four short films directed by Karan Johar, Zoya Akhtar, Dibakar Bannerjee and Anurag Kashyap. In fact, Kashyap’s film deals with the impact of Bachchan on his fans. The first steps towards mending the rift were taken by Amitabh when he openly praised Kashyap’s Gangs of Wasseypur on tweeter.
What happened next? Kashyap said, “There was something between us. What exactly it was I also have forgotten, then the article on Black happened and then something else happened with Abhishek and the silence kept on increasing… we finally began talking thanks to Bachchan’s magnanimity.
A smaller man will have a bigger ego. It was his personality that he went out and praised Gangs of Wasseypur Part 1, I didn’t reply back to him then, everyone told me I should and I told them, why should I?”
He adds, “Then one day, I was sitting and I told myself it is high time that we should solve our issues and he is giving me a chance to do that. So I had two pegs and I replied back to him and asked him if I could meet him and the reply came that you can come home whenever you want. When I met him, the Bachchan fan in me came out.”
In an interview, Kashyap has admitted to being a big fan of Bachchan. “I remember when I was in the hostel, we got 200 paans made when Don released. And we all went to the theatre to watch the film and ate those paans. So I was completely taken by him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment