Thursday 13 June 2013

I am the most undisciplined person in personal life: Divya Dutta

I am the most undisciplined person in personal life: Divya Dutta

Thursday, June 13, 2013 15:59 IST
"Life is not planned. I might write a script one day," says actor Divya Dutta, who is presently writing a book.

The talented actor, who is a voracious reader (with more than 500 books at home) talks to us about her love for literature:

Writer's block
Hahaha (laughs out loud)...I am the most undisciplined person in personal life. I like to take my time when I am penning down my book. As it is, I have to be on a deadline while writing my columns for newspapers. I would like to say that the feedback I got for my columns motivated me a lot in writing this book.

Fictional fun
I am too young to pen down a biography. There is so much for me to see and experience in life. My book is not autobiographical in nature. However, every writer puts a lot of himself into his writing, and it's no different in my case. As a writer, I would say that my forte is emotions.



Sounding board
My mom and brother are my biggest critics. Whenever I write something I narrate it to them for their feedback. As a child, I never realised that I had a flair for writing even though I used to win many prizes for essay competitions.

My favourites
Amongst recent films, I loved the writing of films like Kahaani, Special 26, English Vinglish and Paan Singh Tomar. I love reading biographies, fiction and spiritual books. Right now, I am reading a book on past lives and a collection of horror stories by Satyajit Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment