Monday 17 June 2013

I may not be number one but grateful for this life: Sonam

I may not be number one but grateful for this life: Sonam

Monday, June 17, 2013 13:53 IST
Actress Sonam Kapoor is contented with not being the number one movie star in Bollywood and is rather grateful for what life has offered her

Sonam made her debut with Sanjay Bhansali's 'Sawaariya' in 2007 which bombed at the box office.

After that she appeared in 'Delhi 6', which again failed to garner attention of the audience. She achieved commercial success with her next film 'I Hate Luv Storys'. However, her next releases - 'Thank You', 'Mausam' and 'Players' - again failed at box office. "I may not be the number one movie star or my films might not be doing too good.

I am grateful for what life has offered me. I have got a great family, parents are together, have a great sister, I get to holiday. All these things make me grateful towards life, for everything. I always say - have an attitude of gratitude, " Sonam told in an interview here.

Sonam hogs the limelight either for her beauty, her poses or just her innate fashion sense. Besides her acting career, Sonam has made a name for herself as a fashion icon. "I love dressing up. I have people helping me with it. I am not going to take credit for that. I have a stylist, make-up and hair stylist.

I feel I am lucky. I am grateful for this life that God has given me. I am happy as I am getting to do work that I want to do and enjoy doing it, " Sonam said. But her fashionista image it seems is restricted only to real life as she plays de-glam roles in films like 'Raanjhanaa', 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', 'Mausam', etc.

"While I had de-glam roles in these films there are others like 'Aisha', 'I Hate Luv Storys' where I am dressed up nicely. I think I look good without make up. Because the characters are real I need to be real, " Sonam said. "I don't like wearing too much make up. I think people like me in de-glam roles, they like the simple side of mine in films and girls like me as fashionista, " she said.

Sonam, who has teamed up with Abhay Deol for 'Raanjhanaa', says they are friends and similar individuals. The relationship between Abhay and Sonam reportedly went sour during the making of 'Aisha', after the former had publicly expressed displeasure with the way the film was being made. The film was produced by Sonam's father Anil Kapoor.



"I think we have great chemistry, people love watching us on screen together. He and I as actors are kind of similar. We know each other's timing. We share a good relation. I love working with him. There were issues that had happened. But he is a friend of mine. We both know what is happening in our lives, " Sonam said.

"Abhay and me are same in the sense that if we don't like anyone then we won't work with that person again, " she added. Sonam clarifies if there were issues between her and Abhay still, then she wouldn't have worked with him again. "If I did not like him then I would not work with him again.

Abhay and me were friends from the beginning. We both never had any issue. The matter was between Abhay and my dad and PVR, " she said. Besides Abhay and Sonam, the film also stars 'Kolaveri Di' famed actor -singer Dhanush, who is making his Bollywood debut with the project. The film releases on June 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment