Monday 17 June 2013

Mother Rabiya had warned daughter Jiah against Sooraj




Mother of late actress Jiah Khan
Jiah Khan , Rabiya Khan had repeatedly warned her daughter against Sooraj Pancholi but the daughter did not pay heed to her warnings. Jiah Khan went into a depression following her tumultuous relationship with Sooraj Pancholi, son of Actors Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab. She committed suicide on 3rd June.
In her statement to police, Rabiya Khan had revealed that she was anxious about the relationship between her daughter and Sooraj as she knew that Sooraj was not serious about her daughter. She siad, “I told her (Jiah) that Suraj did not love her. Come to your senses, I told her”.
After her mother warned the daughter, Jiah showed her a message from Sooraj and argued that Sooraj loved her. Rabiya said, "Jiah then showed me a long message from Sooraj. I read that. It said: "I want to start life with you. Hum pehle jaise jindagi guzaarenge. (We will lead life like before) I love you. I will marry you. We will have our home."
Then on 28th May, exasperated, Rabiya sent a SMS to Sooraj. She wrote, “Don't play games with me”. Sooraj sent a short message and replied, “You are confusing us”.
Then again Rabiya sent a message reiterating her point and writing, “Let my daughter think straight...further being with you will be out of your focus and disturb your parents (sic). Let there be peace. I did not say anything for one year but now I understood everything. If you are her focus then her life is in ruins”. Sooraj chose not to reply to her message.
Talking about the unfortunate day when Jiah took her life, Rabiya recalled, “We were out at around 8.30 pm and Jiah was to see an American show with one of her cousins. I was at my friend's place. We chatted through text messages. This was at around 9.30 pm. If I had known about her mental condition that day I wouldn't have left her alone.”
Entire Bollywood is shocked from the death of Jiah Khan. They have been thinking ways of avoiding such unfortunate incidents in the future. Film Maker and producer Mahesh Bhatt who is a member of the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE), told, “The tragic death of Jiah has pushed our film industry to take proactive steps to deal with mental ailments which, when ignored, devastate not only the person who is afflicted with it but the entire film fraternity.”
FWICE general secretary Dinesh Chaturvedi said, “We will form a committee to identify such cases and work

No comments:

Post a Comment