Friday 28 June 2013

Ranveer Singh: Art of acting is subjective

Ranveer Singh: Art of acting is subjective



In the last three years he did two feature films and both of them were box office successes. Now, ready with his period drama "Lootera", Ranveer Singh does not believe in competing with anyone because he feels acting is a subjective art hence cannot be compared.

"I am an actor... I am an artist. What I do is subjective. It can't be quantified and can't be considered as competition," he said at the film's promotional event.

"I don't consider myself part of a competition. There is no one better or worse. What you take away from a film or performance must be different than someone elses. I don't view it as a competition," he added.

Ranveer describes Vikramaditya Motwane-directed "Lootera", coming out July 5, as typical Mills & Boon fantasy. Recently, he and his co-star Sonakshi Sinha launched "Lootera" - Mills & Boon' Collector's Pack.

"It is a romantic fantasy - the kind of love you read in Mills & Boon. It does not exist anymore. It is a story you don't have in your life, so you aspire for it. The most Mills & Boon thing I have done in my life is played by my character in 'Lootera'," he said.

Busy promoting "Lootera", Ranveer is "anxious, excited and a whole lot of things".

"I am promoting the film everywhere and on every platform to let people know about the film. It will be a cinematic experience," said the actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment