Saturday 2 February 2013

Akshay Kumar to star in Karan Johar’s film for the first time




For the first time ever Akshay Kumar will feature in filmmaker Karan Johar’s movie to be directed by Punit Malhotra of 'I Hate Luv Story' fame. Akshay will play one of the key characters. The shooting will go on floor early next year.
"I can't divulge too much now. But what I can definitely say is that the movie is mainstream and has a very strong underlying social message. It is solid and hard hitting. Punit brought me this amazing script. I immediately approached Akshay and he was equally thrilled with the idea," Karan told the PTI.
"If Dharma Productions has to collaborate with Akshay, then it has to be the right kind of film. And, as I said earlier, this one, apart from being commercial, has a strong voice," he added. On the other hand, Akshay informed the PTI, "We are two very passionate producers with one great aim — to entertain. Both Karan and I want to make our fathers proud."
Karan's mother Hiroo Johar and Akshay's wife Twinkle Khanna will co-produce the film.
The other male lead and the female lead’s names have not yet been disclosed. The announcement will be made very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment