Saturday 9 February 2013

'Fads like six pack abs and bikini bodies are just that, they're fads'

`Fads like six pack abs and bikini bodies are just that, they`re fads`

If there is one funda that actor Nikitin Dheer follows when it comes to health and fitness, it's that fitness is a lifestyle choice.

`Fads like six pack abs and bikini bodies are just that, they're fads. I believe everyone is made differently and we should make our peace with it.

At the end of the day, you should be healthy and that's what really matters,` says the actor, who's looking beefier for a role in his upcoming film. Nikitin talks to CS about how he keeps fit:

A mix of everything
The one thing that has always remained constant is that I stick to old school heavyweight training. I have always clubbed it with different things. There are times I club it with martial arts. In between, I had clubbed it with yoga. Fitness is a lifestyle choice, so I listen to my body instead of following trends.


Food fundas
Honestly, I don't diet. I eat everything, unless there's a role that requires me to look lean. In Dabangg 2 I was required to look lean, so for a couple of months I cut down on sweets. Otherwise I have a massive sweet tooth.

All my food is cooked in ghee, which is homemade so it can't get healthier than that. For my next role, I've gained a few kilos and trying to look bigger and stronger. I think if I eat and train well, I stay happy as I don't miss out on anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment