Tuesday 12 February 2013

I Am Fine: Sushant Singh Rajput clarifies 'Major Injuries' report

I Am Fine: Sushant Singh Rajput clarifies `Major Injuries` report

By Subhash K Jha

Ouch! Kai Po Che star Sushant Singh's girlfriend Ankita Lokhande, close friends and family are inundated with anxious calls from all across the country, all because of a report on Monday morning stating Sushant had suffered `major injuries`while dancing for a reality show on Sunday afternoon.

Concerned folks can take it easy. A torn ligament is painful, but not what one would call a major accident.

Says Sushant, `I am fine. I tore a ligament while dancing on a reality show. Hota hai (it happens). It's painful. But I've seen worse. Unfortunately the timing for this little mishap is all wrong since I have to be on my feet for city tours to promote Kai Po Che. `

Since Sushant has been asked to take complete bed rest he would have to postpone the immediate promotional engagement in Kolkata.

`I don't know if I can do it. Because the minute I stand on my feet there's pain. As soon as I can walk without support I will be out on my feet. This is a very important moment in my life. The last thing I want is to be confined to bed when my movie career is about to begin, ` says Sushant angrily.

In the meanwhile faithful girlfriend Ankita has been fielding calls from well wishers about Sushant's injury.

Says the indulgent doting boyfriend, `Ankita is more excited about my movie debut than I am. And that's saying a lot. `


Sushant who is currently shooting for Yashraj Films' new project with Parineeti Chopra, shot in the crowded areas of Johri Bazar in Jaipur where star-struck onlookers got into an agitated mode on seeing stars descend in their midst. Apparently Sushant who had to perform long dramatic dialogues in the Bazar jumped in to form a protective cordon around the two female actors Parneeti and and new-find model Vani Kapoor.

Says Sushant, `I am not supposed to talk about the Yashraj film at all. Maneesh Sharma is a delight to work with. When I had seen his Band Bajaa Baraat I had hoped some day I'd get to work with him. I didn't think it'd happen so soon. `

Sushant jumps to Maneesh defence, demolishing stories of the director's ill-tempered behaviour and unpunctuality. `Poor Maneesh. I guess he was the target for that particular week. He is a most unassuming disciplined and dedicated guy who spends no time on anything except his work. `

No comments:

Post a Comment