Thursday 14 February 2013

Shatrughan not sorry about calling Rani as Chopra




Veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha had made a blunder recently by calling out Rani Mukherjee’s name as Rani Chopra. But Shotgun is least apologetic with his remark and said that he has stated the truth only.
Shatrughan Sinha is unfazed by the comment and he said, “I only stated the truth. Either you should not ask me to speak in public. If you do, you better be prepared for some frankspeak. I was asked to speak on the great Yash Chopra. While I was mentioning the family members my wife reminded me that I had forgot to mention Aditya Chopra. To this I replied, ‘I have mentioned Rani Chopra and that is as good as mentioning Aditya Chopra too.’ I see no harm in this. I didn’t think it would become such an issue.”
During the unveiling of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra, Shotgun went up to the stage to share his experience of working with Yashji and he called out each member of Chopra family. He also called out Rani Mukherjee’s name but with a wrong surname. He called her Rani Chopra instead of Mukherjee. Rani who was seating there left silent and she was shocked. She did not accept this sudden blow.
While mentioning the entire Chopra family during a speech, Shatrughan said: "Yash Chopra, Pamela Chopra, Uday Chopra, Rani... just now my wife said I missed out on Aditya Chopra. Rani Chopra ka naam liye hai toh zahir se baat hai Aditya Chopra ka naam bhi... (When I am taking Rani Chopra's name, then it is obvious that I am taking Aditya Chopra's name as well)."
The unveiling of Yash Chopra’s statue saw celebrities like Parineeti Chopra, Prem Chopra, Poonam Dhillon apart from Chopra family. Remembering Yashji, Rani broke down.
Rani Mukherjee and Aditya Chopra are couple for past few years though never made their relationship public. They claimed to be best friends but were spotted returning from vacations together. Rumor buzzed that they will tie the knot this year but no confirmation came from their end.
Aditya Chopra was earlier married to his childhood friend Payal but got divorced in 2009 to legalize his marriage to Rani.

No comments:

Post a Comment