Wednesday 13 March 2013

Acting is a very precarious career: Amrita Rao

Acting is a very precarious career: Amrita Rao

Actress Amrita Rao, best known for her portrayals in 'Ishq Vishk', 'Main Hoon Na' and 'Vivah', says filmy career is a very precarious one as one cannot plan out things. Amrita made her acting debut in 2002 with 'Ab Ke Baras' alongside Arya Babbar.

But it was her third film 'Ishq Vishk' opposite Shahid Kapoor which brought her fame. She followed this up with 'Masti' and 'Main Hoon Na' with Vivek Oberoi, and Shahrukh Khan.

Later followed a series of unsuccessful films like 'Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi', 'Shikhar', 'Pyare Mohan' until Sooraj Barjatya's 'Vivah', again opposite Shahid happened. Then again there was a lull with films like 'My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves', 'Shortkut', 'Love U Mr.


Kalakaar'. Now she would be seen next in 'Jolly LLB' alongside Arshad Warsi and Boman Irani, Prakash Jha's 'Satyagrah' and 'Singh Saheb The Great' with Sunny Deol. "I think this (acting) is a very precarious career as I feel you can't plan things for yourself. When you plan it, things go haywire.

It is unintentional that I will do less films it just happened that way. Like in 2000, I had a line of films signed but it all went for a toss. The films never got made... It just happens," Amrita told. "Life surprises you.

It happens to the best of actors, we have good and bad phases. In the last two years I have had a record of one film a year. It is unplanned. Also I did not plan that I would have three films in 2013," she added. It was in 2002 when Amrita entered filmdom and now as she has completed ten years in the industry.


"I feel satisfied with my journey in the film industry. If 'Satyagrah' was supposed to be my last film I would look back and say it was a happy portfolio. But there is a feeling that I wish I could have done something better," she said.

The 31-year-old insists she has been receiving offers for films but nothing interesting came her way to accept it. "It is not that right kinds of offers are not coming. Sometimes you don't want to take them for different reasons. But the good part is offers have been coming.. I did not have to knock doors or chase people for work. Disappointments do happen when plans don't go according to you," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment