Saturday 30 March 2013

There's nothing like a dream role

There`s nothing like a dream role

Be it action, comedy or drama, Bobby Deol has tried his hand at various genres over the 18 years that he has been in Bollywood -- he is still exploring and says there is nothing like a perfect role for an actor.

The 46-year-old debuted in 1995 with "Barsaat" and gave hits like "Ajnabee", "Soldier" and "Gupt".

"I'm still exploring the industry. I have grown up as an actor but I am in the learning phase. I'll never be satisfied," Bobby told.

Any particular role that he is looking forward to do?

"I feel there's nothing like a dream role for an actor. It should be a dream role for a viewer - something he wants to watch over and again. I love watching old masala films. Now we talk about new cinema. It's not new. It has been always there. So I am looking forward to do more of masala films, a perfect pack of action, comedy, romance," he said.

The actor was here on Friday afternoon to promote his forthcoming film, Sangeeth Sivan's directed "Yamla Pagla Deewana 2".

"For an actor, the journey always continues. It never stops. Before the release of each film, there's stress, anxiety and nervousness... but just one mistake and you are gone.

"I have never restricted myself. I am open to doing all kinds of films - action, thriller, romance and comedy. In fact, I have done many in the past. I am lucky to be born in the family of actors. My dad and brother keep advising me. And it helps," added the actor who was last seen in "Players" (2012).

His forthcoming film, a sequel to the 2011 hit comedy "Yamla Pagla Deewana", also stars Neha Sharma and Kristina Akheeva.

In the film, Bobby is playing the same character of Gajodhar Singh as he did in the original and said "the other characters are also the same, only the situations keep changing".

No comments:

Post a Comment