Monday 11 March 2013

I am not Vidya Balan: Esha Gupta

I am not Vidya Balan: Esha Gupta

Three-film old Esha Gupta says that unlike Vidya Balan, she is not in a position to carry an entire movie on her shoulders. Esha made her debut thriller "Jannat 2", produced under Mahesh and

Mukesh Bhatt's Vishesh Films banner. Her second film "Raaz 3D" was also with them.

She also played an important role in "Chakravyuh", a film on Maoists.

"I want to do various kinds of films, but no female oriented films right now, " Esha told.

"I am not Vidya Balan and I don't think right now I can pull an entire film on my shoulders. Vidya Balan did 'The Dirty Picture' and 'Kahaani', which was completely on her shoulders. In future, I will definitely do such films, but not right now, " she added.

After working with directors Vikram Bhatt and Prakash Jha, the 28-year-old now has a new wish list.

She said: "I want to be part of good films. Script matters the most. I would like to do an Anurag Kashyap film, like 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' or a glamorous film like 'Race'."


An outsider, Esha admits that her journey into filmdom has been "pretty rough".

"I had my own share of struggle. But I think I owe a lot to Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt who gave me a break in the showbiz (with 'Jannat 2'), " she said.

She said she takes inspiration from the those who made it big without any film background.

"There are many other actresses who don't have filmy backup including Aishwarya Rai and Deepika Padukone. I take inspiration from these actresses, " she said.

Esha has a three films contract with Vishesh Films, and soon she will be doing her third film with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment