Tuesday 12 March 2013

I am ready to marry: Bipasha. Who's interested?

I am ready to marry: Bipasha. Who`s interested?

Bollywood beauty Bipasha Basu on Monday said she is ready to get married but she is still 'without a match'.

"I am ready to marry but I am still without a match, " Bipasha said here.

Bipasha, along with director Suparn Verma and actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui, visited Kolkata on Monday to promote their upcoming horror film 'Aatma'.

The story of the film centres around a mother who tried to save her daughter from the evil supernatural elements.

Bipasha said the character she played in the film evolved her as a mother.

"The role has really evolved me as a mother, " Bipasha said.

Speaking on the film, Bipasha said: "You need not prepare for a horror role. I think it's a supernatural thriller. "

The actress said, "I am scared of getting type cast. I believe the ratio of doing such movies (horror) is relatively low as compared to the other genres I have done. "


Calling Nawazuddin Siddiqui 'a true gentleman', Bipasha said it was 'wonderful to do a movie with him. '

Recollecting her memories of Kolkata, she said: "I lived in Kolkata till I was 16 years old. I came back to Kolkata last on Durga Puja. I have my friends here. We meet here to enjoy foods of Kolkata. Now-a-days so much of the construction works confuse me to recognize places, " she said.

Nawazuddin, on the other hand, tried to keep at bay his involvement in 'Kahaani-2' and said: "I don't know whether I would be in the movie or not. "

'Aatma'. is all set to hit the silver screen on Mar 22.

No More Art Films because nobody watches them

Observing that art films have no takers, popular Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu has decided to stick to entertaining roles in mainstream cinema.


The 34-year-old tried her hands with art films when she featued in "Shob Charitro Kalponik" and "Pankh".

"As an actor I want to do good roles and I want to do good roles in entertaining films. I don't want to do good roles in art house cinema, which no one is going to watch," Bipasha told the media here Monday.

"I have done that in a particular year. I was only trying to do artistic films and I really worked hard on them, but nobody saw them except me. So I want to do films where I entertain people, people come to theatre and yet I have a scope for performance," she added.

In the city to promote her upcoming horror flick "Aatma", Bipasha, however, clarified that she is not shunning art house movies.

"I never said that I won't (be doing art films)," said Bipasha adding "At this moment I am focusing on films, which will earn money and at the same time I get to perform."

And the actress was on the backfoot when media bombarded her with questions related to her comment "nobody watches art films".


"The division between art and mainstream cinema is shrinking. Things are changing and audiences are opening out to see all kinds of films. So it is actually moving to better times now," she explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment