Friday 15 March 2013

I hope to produce Shimit Amin's film: Mira Nair

I hope to produce Shimit Amin`s film: Mira Nair

US-based Indian filmmaker Mira Nair doesn't aspire to own a big production company, but she has one little wish: to direct Shimit Amin's next film.

"I am not really interested in having a big production company and producing other people's films. But I do hope to produce Shimit Amin's film. He will be directing next year," said Nair, who recently directed "The Reluctant Fundamentalist" and Amin worked as an editor on the movie.

Amin is known for directing Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Chak De! India".

While talking at a session at the FICCI Frames 2013, Nair, director of films like "Monsoon Wedding" and "Salaam Bombay", also said that she hopes to make a fully Indian film for the Indian audience.

"I am looking for something, but I am not desperate for it. I would love to make a film here. I want to reach out to many people...my audience is here," she said.

"My films come out of a desi heart, but the rhythm is more international. For me, it is interesting that they work in India as much as abroad," she said.

How do you chose your subject?

"The filmmaker elects to make a film because you want to be in that world for two years," she said.

"I don't like to take characters in my film who are defeated in life. Tricky, complicated characters are much better for me. I want to give people something, which will entice them," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment