Thursday 14 March 2013

Will there be a 'Bombay Talkies 2', Karan ?

Will there be a `Bombay Talkies 2`, Karan ?

Filmmaker Karan Johar who has collaborated with three directors - Dibakar Banerjee, Zoya Akhtar and Anurag Kashyap - for his upcoming film "Bombay Talkies" says there must be a sequel, "Bombay Talkies 2".

He said Wednesday that he is interested in meeting the three directors after a few years to make the sequel.

"There should be a sequel to this film. I want all the four of us to come back after a few years, " he said, during a panel discussion "100 years of cinema and beyond" held here at the second day of FICCI Frames 2013.

Talking about the four stories in the film, Karan said that each of them shows the director's passion to cinema.

"I am not sure of what the theme was and what it has become. The spirit of coming together is what should resonate. There is an underlying aspect in each film. It shows each one's individual passion behind this, " he said.

"Dibakar's film will show angst, Zoya's film is on creative freedom and Anurag's film is about madness and insanity which we give to stars. My film is about music and emotion, " he said.

Anurag Kashyap was the first one to sign the film.

"I was the first one to sign it. I was scared. But this is the first time that I have not used a single abuse in the film, " Kashyap said.

Dibakar who is known for his off-beat films like "Shanghai" and "Love Sex Aur Dhoka" said that he wanted to do something which he hasn't done before.

"I wanted to do something which I haven't done before. I wanted to make out and out emotional film. This is a tear jerker from my side. I wanted to choose emotions and make something anti cinema, " Dibakar said.

"I wanted to give it a regional flavor, so my film has a Marathi as well, " he added.

Zoya Aktar signed the film after which she knew she will get to make the kind of film she wanted to.

"I said that I will do it I can make what I wanted to make. They allowed me to do it, " he said.

The film is all set to release on May 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment