Wednesday 24 April 2013

Amrita Puri's Rocky-ing affair!

Amrita Puri`s Rocky-ing affair!

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:33 IST
Actor Amrita Puri used to look forward to her summer holidays during her school days because it meant going for vacations abroad.

`Going to a foreign country for a holiday was a big thing. My parents love travelling and I have inherited their passion. My manager keeps telling me that I can't keep jetting off every 15 days, ` she says. In a short interview with CS, Amrita talks about her two favourite holidays:

Snowy trails
I remember going to Canada for an awards show in 2011. It was a 24-hour flight to Vancouver and I was totally jet-lagged. I had made up my mind to take a short break in Canada post the show and insisted that my parents come along.

We went to the Rocky Mountains. The sight of those tall snow-capped peaks was awesome to say the least. We saw a glacier, which was a first for me.

I had seen snow thrice in my life, but the one in the Canadian Rockies was the best. I am an outdoor person and loved the treks and nature trails that were a part of the experience.



On a safari
When I was a kid, my parents took my brother and me to Zimbabwe on an African safari. That was the best experience ever. I saw deer, cheetah, zebras, leopards and huge African elephants first hand.

However, the best thing was sighting the hippos. I had only seen and read about hippos, but seeing them was out of this world. I have also visited Egypt in Africa. I loved seeing the Pyramids.

Wandering around
Travelling is one thing I am really passionate about besides acting. My parents are my best companions because they love seeing new places and exploring new cultures. I love the mountains for their majestic beauty. The height, scale and vastness of a mountain range is so awe-inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment