Wednesday 30 January 2013

Anushka Sharma plays an alcohol addict in 'Peekay'




Anushka Sharma has always been one of the lean and slender actresses of Bollywood. She debuted with her film “Rab Ne Bana di Jodi” (2008) opposite Shah Rukh Khan. The film was directed by Aditya Chopra.
The actress of-late has been looking shrunken and has shriveled up losing all glamour and glow. Thus she has emerged as a new target for weight-watchers. Kareena Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai (post-pregnancy), and Vidya Balan have always been scrutinised for being plump.  
Anushka’s tremendous weight loss has been the subject of contention for the media.  The Stardust Awards that was held on the 26th of January saw Anushka wear a black ruffled Armani gown. She looked good but withered.
Even in the past her thin look had raised issues to the point where was labelled as anorexic. To this the actress reacted saying, “I have always been a lean girl. And for heaven's sake, I am not anorexic. Anorexics eat so little. Watch me eat and you shall know.”
She also added saying, “I am very tall, 5’ 9” to be precise. This means that if I really put on weight, I shall start looking like a giant. I don’t have the tendency to put on weight. I am a size 8, UK. To call me sub zero is ridiculous.”
However, her requests did not stop the media from hounding her with the same question. She said, “That’s all crap. I have always been on the thinner side. And look at the other side too. There are people who can’t lose weight. Why aren’t they asked about it? I am one of those people who can’t gain weight. That said, have I ever landed up in hospitals saying I am exhausted? I am a very fit girl. Think of it, only my parents should bother about my weight and even health. Next question, please.”
Constant speculations on this matter have led to new reports that suggest that the sudden weight loss can be due to her role in the film “Peekay”. This film is being directed by Rajkumar Hirani and has Aamir Khan and newcomer Sushant Singh Rajput in pivotal roles.
Anushka plays the role of an alcohol addict in the film. Thus this seems like a befitting reason to her sizing down.
Though Anushka has been lithe, there is no shortage of actresses who have been flaunting their curves. The full-figured stars are numerous in Bollywood. Vidya Balan and Sonakshi Sinha are some of those actresses who believe in curves.

No comments:

Post a Comment