Thursday 31 January 2013

SRK speaks on controversies, brawls and awards




Shah Rukh Khan has landed on fresh trouble after penning an article for “Outlook Turning Points 2013”. His article reflected the pains of residing in a world as a ‘Khan’ post 9/11. Even last year a series of controversies kept him surrounded.
SRK speaking about controversies said, “They all affect me. I am a very educated, sensitive and an extremely private person. So all of them (controversies) extremely sadden, disturb and anger me in the comfort of my house. And what is even more disturbing is that when you go out into the public, you need to behave in a certain way...it is a no win situation.”
He also said that though he is media savvy he does not the ways of being politically correct. The 47-year old actor said, “This whole ideology of saying the right thing at the right time and the whole PR activity, I have never done it. I am the most media unsavvy person. I say what I feel and I get into trouble for it.” He added, “I have not learnt to deal with it, but I am a good actor and when I come out in the public I deal with it (controversy). But I don't like it, it is embarrassing, saddening and humiliating.”
2012 saw him get into a string of brawls, especially the Wankhede stadium incident. Speaking about them he said, “It was a good year. Like I said I have beaten up people before when they said wrong things. I am extremely sorry to my children for embarrassing them. But as a father, I would do it all over again, if it happens again. My wife often gets angry when I say all these things honestly.”
He said, in his witty way, “I thought it (the guard) was wrong and I also thought it was more wrong for me to behave like that. Now I surround myself with more security, so that I get more pushed up in my ivory tower and stop being a normal person. That's the way the world wants to see me, so that's how I will be.”
The actor will soon be part of TOIFA (“Times of India Film Awards”). SRK revealed that awards mean a lot to him as he feels proud of his work.
He revealed, “I like awards. I am very childlike when it comes to awards. I get very excited with my kids' awards and medals which they get. We display them.”
He also added, “When we are surrounded by so much fame and controversies, the thing that keeps you going is that there is recognition in this form. At the end of the year you get happy with the awards. Whenever I get an award, I go and keep it in my children's room. It's like a gift and I get excited.” Shahrukh Announced as Ambassador of Lux Innerwear - Miscellaneous

No comments:

Post a Comment