Thursday 31 January 2013

Remo D'Souza takes a bow

Remo D`Souza takes a bow

Choreographer- director Remo D'Souza is super excited. Other than his film, it's also his plan to perform at the Maha Kumbh Mela at Allahabad that's keeping him on his toes

`I am a firm believer in God. Performing at the Maha Kumbh will be a different high altogether as it is one of the biggest congregations in the world.

Plus, the mood, colour and exoticism attached to it make it a once-in-a-lifetime experience for anyone. I really want to make it happen, ` says Remo, who is known for being a religious person (He sports tattoos of Lord Buddha and Ganesha on his arm). In a quick interview with CS, Remo talks about coping up with fame and connecting with God:

The name and fame
Earlier, people around me didn't appreciate my dancing skills and abilities. So, now when people recognise me or copy my steps, it feels great. I always wanted a life where everything revolved around films. And now I have realised both my dancing and film ambitions.

Losing my privacy is a small price to pay for such highs. Fame or celebrity status is a great thing if handled well. Yes, I do miss being unnoticed at times, especially when I crave to have tea and vada pav at a roadside stall. I can't do that now!


Director diaries
I believe that any technician can become a director. After working as a choreographer for so many years, I am familiar with the technicalities. The only risk lies in the fact that if your film flops, your image as a choreographer suffers as well.

I have learnt a lot from Anubhav Sinha and Hansal Mehta whom I consider as my godfathers. Both of them gave me a lot of independence, which helped boost my confidence. Even in my latest project I faced a lot of hiccups but finally my patience paid off.

As a choreographer, I have learnt the value of patience. And I was taught to be humble since childhood. These two values have also helped me immensely.

Dance trance
There was this time when I was directing my first Bengali film called Lal Pahare'r Katha and there was a sequence where I needed a dancer to dance with fire on his body. I didn't want to risk anyone's life. So I tried it myself. I sported a fire suit and practised. The entire watching crowed was amazed at my passion for dance and I believe it was God alone who gave me the courage to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment