Wednesday 30 January 2013

Shahrukh Khan slams Pakistan, says he is safe in India




Shahrukh Khan termed the entire reporting of feeling insecure in India and Pakistan government reaction to a statement he made to an interview a mere ‘nonsense’. He clarified that he never felt insecure in India.
"To address this whole issue with regards to my article that has taken an unwarranted twist, I do not even understand the basis of this controversy. This is what can only be called nonsense. It is deja vu again," he told reporters at an event in Mumbai. Speaking about the article that was at the centre of the controversy, Khan said: "The article I wrote was actually meant to reiterate that on some occasions my being an Indian Muslim film star is misused by bigots and narrow minded people who have misplaced religious ideologies for small gains. And ironically, the same has happened through this article, once again," said a dejected Khan.

Addressing a press conference in Mumbai, he said the article "Inside My Khanate" written by him recently for Outlook Turning Points, was being misquoted.
"I never said I feel unsafe in India..I tell my children, they are Indians first." To those offering unsolicited advice, let me say: we in India feel safe. They should read my article first," Khan said.

 "It is irksome to have to have to clarify these issues...maybe I should stick to writing only on issues you expect me to know about, " he said.
After Shahrukh Khan’s interview of being a Muslim, Jamaat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed remarked that the actor is welcome in Pakistan and if he feels insure in India, he is most welcome in Pakistan. Saeed invited Shahrukh to move to Pakistan if he desires so.
Pakistan's interior minister Rehman Malik also expressed his concern about Shahrukh Khan on Monday and commented that Indian Government should provide security to Shahrukh if he wants so.
This incident has triggered the animosity between India and Pakistan.
Khan said that the primary reason why people are making a hue and cry out of nothing is because they did not read his interview clearly.
"I think some of the people have not even read it and are reacting to comments of people, who in turn have also not read it," he said.
"I implore everyone here to read the article and convey through your respective mediums of communications all the good things that it expresses to youngsters and my fellow Indians," he added.
Khan said that the feelings expressed in the article are heartfelt and are extremely important aspect of his life.
"The article is an appreciation of love that all of you have bestowed upon me and also a point of view from my being a father of two young children," he said.
In the piece in Outlook Turning Point, Khan had written, "I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India." He added, "There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my original homeland."

No comments:

Post a Comment