Friday 15 March 2013

Watch: Ranveer, Sonakshi’s quiet romance in ‘Lootera’




The digital poster of Ranveer Singh and Sonakshi Sinha

starrer ‘Lootera’ was released online and the poster shows the duo sitting quietly inside a car with Sonakshi’s head on Ranveer’s shoulder. The poster was indistinct in the beginning but as the camera zoom in, their face came crystal clear. Set in the stunning old world charm of Kolkata and Dalhousie, ‘Lootera’ is based on two lovers  Varun (Ranveer Singh) and Pakhi (Sonakshi Sinha) who are prohibited y their parents as they determined to marry. They elope and tied the knot. Slowly trouble brewed and they separated from one another after five years of marriage. But destiny has stored something different for them. Varun and Pakhi met after long years and it was found that they still hold love for one another. When they came together again, Varun came to know that Pakhi has a rare disease and he set to sacrifice his life to save Pakhi’s life.
Co-produced by Balaji Motion Pictures and Phantom Pictures, represented by Anurag Kashyap (DevD), Vikramaditya Motwane (Udaan) and Vikas Bahl (Chillar Party), ‘Lootera’ has been directed by Vikramaditya Motwane and is scheduled to release on 5th July.
'Lootera' has been the most difficult shooting experience for me so far. In terms of character, look, performance, locations.. Everything had to be from an era I knew nothing about. There were times while shooting I would wake up and say to myself 'why am I doing this?'
"But when Vikramaditya showed me the trailer and a few rushes from the film, I had my answer right there. Every struggle was worth it. I loved what I saw, and I can safely say this is probably my best performance so far. I felt like I was seeing another actress from another era on screen. Vikram had transformed me..," Sonakshi said.
The intense love story is inspired from O Henry's famous story 'The Last Leaf'.

No comments:

Post a Comment