Wednesday 24 April 2013

Newbie Sasha Agha follows mother Salma Agha's footsteps


Salma Agha, a prominent face in singing and acting has now passed the legacy on to her daughter, Sasha Agha. The newbie who is making her debut in YRF’s ‘Aurangzeb’ has lent her melodious voice to the film. She and already completed the recording for the song.

“I have learnt singing from my mom and I don't plan to give it up because I am very passionate about it,” she says. The young actress is very keen on making a career in singing and acting simultaneously.

She further states confidently that music runs in her family. “Musicians Sajid and Wajid are my maternal uncles. My stepsister is the famous English singer-songwriter and multi instrumentalist Natasha Khan, who goes by the stage name ‘Bat for Lashes’. My great grandfather was Jugal Kishore Mehra, who was Raj Kapoor's uncle and married to Anwari Begum—the famous singer. My grandmother Nusrin Agha was a well-known singer as well. So in a way, I am the fourth generation singer in my family.”

A source close to the film reveals, “Aditya Chopra (Producer) managed to convince Sasha to sing a peppy number titled ‘Barbaadiyaan’. He decided to rope her in after he heard her voice during her audition.”

‘Barbaadiyaan’ is a club track, which is picturised on Sasha and Arjun Kapoor. The source says, “She is a trained singer from the Kirana Gharana and has been practicing vocals ever since she was a child, so this was not a difficult task for her.”

A spokesperson from Yash Raj Films confirms the news, saying, “Yes, Sasha has sung this track for the film and voice is as melodious as her mother’s.”

No comments:

Post a Comment