Monday 8 July 2013

Action is tough, but so am I: Madhuri Dixit

Action is tough, but so am I: Madhuri Dixit



She dances like a swan, but for her new film "Gulaab Gang", actress Madhuri Dixit has tried some kicking and punching. She admits action is tough, but says she is tough too.

"I've done action for the first time... It is tough to do action, but I am a tough person and I enjoyed doing it. I love action films both Hollywood and Bollywood as well as in Chinese films, " Madhuri told in an interview here on the sidelines of the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) extravaganza.

She is busy promoting "Gulaab Gang", a Soumik Sen-directorial based on a women's grit and determination, at the 14th edition of IIFA, being held at the Venetian Macao.

Apart from trying some action, Madhuri has exercised her other talent of singing in the film too.

"I have sung as well. I sung as it was appropriate in the film and that's why I agreed to do it. But I haven't thought if I want to continue singing in the future, " she said.

Mother to two sons - Arin and Raayan, the 47-year-old had shifted base to Denver when she married US-based doctor Sriram Nene in 1999. The actress came back to India in 2011, and has been bagging work one after the other.

She was seen in the "Ghagra" song in "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" with young actor Ranbir Kapoor, and on the movie front, she has "Dedh Ishqiya" in her kitty apart from "Gulaab Gang". Madhuri is also a judge on reality show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6", and she has also opened an online dance academy.



The actress says she goes by her instinct while selecting a film.

"While choosing scripts, I go with my instincts and do what I like. The way I visualise them... I always go with that, " said Madhuri, who made her space in Bollywood with movies "Tezaab", "Ram Lakhan", "Saajan", and "Beta".

She says she is open to do all sorts of projects.

"I'm an entertainer, I'm an actress and I do all kinds of films. 'Gulaab Gang' happens to be a film of women empowerment and I think it is very relevant in today's times, " she said.

In "Gulaab Gang", Madhuri features with Juhi Chawla, and she admits "it was wonderful working with Juhi".

"she is a good actress, and we had a great time. We have many scenes together, " she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment