Monday 8 July 2013

'Anurag Kashyap took me out of grave'

`Anurag Kashyap took me out of grave`


Actor Vineet Kumar Singh, who has been struggling for 14 years, thanks Anurag Kashyap for bailing him out by roping him in for his films

The actor featured in Kashyap's 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' and 'Bombay Talkies' and won critical acclaim for his performance in both the films. Now, he will also be seen in the filmmaker's forthcoming projects - 'Ugly' and 'Shorts'.

'Anurag Kashyap is my godfather and he is my mentor. I am really thankful to him. He is the one who took me out of grave. I have been struggling for 14 long years and now I am getting recognition for my hard work, ' Vineet told.

'I came to Mumbai in 1999 and I had a tough time, but I have realised one thing - your journey may be difficult, but in Bollywood there is space for everyone, ' he added.

Vineet says 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' is not his debut film. 'Earlier, I worked in Marathi film like 'City Of Gold' and in Bengali films as well, but 'Gangs...' was the turning point in my career. I had done many films for my survival. I even played Emraan Hashmi's father in 'Crook'.'

Now, the actor seems to be on a roll - he will also be seen in 'Issaq' and Dharma Productions' 'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein'. 'Right now I am in a happy space and I am enjoying the fact that now I am getting the kind of roles that I have craved for, ' said Vineet.

No comments:

Post a Comment