Monday 1 July 2013

Earlier I could eat everything: Monali Thakur making Bollywood acting debut

Earlier I could eat everything: Monali Thakur making Bollywood acting debut



The 'Sawaar loon' singer talks about the price she had to pay for making her Bollywood acting debut

If you're wondering who the voice is behind the Sawar loon song from Sonakshi Sinha-Ranveer Singh's next film, meet Monali Thakur. The singer, who has been a part of Bollywood playback since 2008, is suddenly on everyone's radar with her melodious track. Monali, who seems to have lost oodles of weight, is incidentally also set to make her Bollywood acting debut.

The singer's Hindi film acting career just got a kickstart with Abbas Tyrewala's upcoming film. Says Monali, `I kept humming Sawaar loon on the sets and Abbas warned me not to break into the song at the event held to formally launch his film.

But I could not help it. I am really happy with the way it's caught everyone's attention. Even my co-stars are quite irritated and keep telling me to shut up.`



And though she wants to do more films, Monali however says she is not ready to give up her music career for it. `Singing will not take a backseat. I feel coming on the camera will help my first passion further. Singers in India do not have much of a face value while in the West actors sing their own songs. I am going to sing in my film and hope people notice me,` says Monali.

Ask her if she was apprehensive about acting on the big screen, Monali says, `I have done a television show as well as a Bengali film. Earlier, I was not ready to do films a I needed to get into shape.` The singer, who is friends with Abbas' wife Pakhi, feels singing is easier than acting.

`You have to sacrifice so many things for just a few moments in front of the camera. Earlier, I could eat everything but now I have strict diet restrictions. Fortunately, my father is an actor and I was never nervous about coming in front of the camera.`

No comments:

Post a Comment