Thursday 4 July 2013

I am happy being India's answer to Bruce Lee: Vidyut Jammwal

I am happy being India`s answer to Bruce Lee: Vidyut Jammwal


Actor by profession and martial artist by passion, Vidyut Jammwal has already been typecast as an action hero in Bollywood.

But he has no regrets about that as his plan of bringing in high standards of action that was till now seen only in international films seems to be working well. In a candid conversation with CS, Vidyut talks about life after Commando and why he chose to be an actor:



On the action path
Commando was a great experience. My team and I were offered a canvas to create the kind of action extravaganza that we wanted to, and we were just too glad that it worked. People loved it and it was unexpected especially from the single screen audiences who don't accept new actors so easily.

People would come up and tell me how much they liked my combat-based action which was beyond what they had seen in Bollywood so far. This is proof enough that I have embarked upon the path of revolutionising action in cinema.

Now all I want to do is action, action and more action, no matter what the film's sub-genre is - action-romance, action-comedy or action-drama.


Being typecast
I am very happy that people are already associating me with action films. In fact, I would love be typecast and would be happy with all the related tags - action hero, action superstar, India's answer to Bruce Lee (smiles). I have no plans to shift genres atleast for now.


Keeping options open
While I'm certainly going to focus on Bollywood action projects, I don't think I would want to stop working in the South. If great offers come my way with great plots and directors, I would do it.

I would love to showcase my action and create a memorable, path breaking stunt-based experience. I've never really planned my life too much, so I just plan to keep doing good work and get better with every project.


Sharing the art
I always knew that I wanted to be a martial artist and share my passion with like-minded individuals. I also wanted to share the magic of Kalaripayattu with those who weren't aware of it. I realised that the most promising and wide reaching platform in India was none other than films. And that is when I decided to enter the film industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment