Thursday 11 July 2013

I start losing my sleep only 10 days before my film releases

I start losing my sleep only 10 days before my film releases


When CS caught up with Prabhudheva, we couldn't help but ask him how it was dancing with Sridevi at a recent awards event.

"It was a big honour and a lot of fun as well. I can tell you that age has not affected her beauty in any way,` says India's first dancing superstar. It's not only Sridevi but also his upcoming film that's keeping Prabhudheva on his toes. Read on.

The Rs 100-crore club
I don't worry about how much the film is going to rake in at the ticket counters. That's for my producers to worry about (laughs out loud). I start losing my sleep only 10 days before my film releases.

My job is to deliver a good product that meets the expectations of the producers, the rest's in the hands of the audience. As of now, I am concentrating on complete entertainers as producers want that from me. However, I will surely make a hatke film, perhaps two years down the line.



Behind the lens
Working with a newcomer like Girish (Girish Taurani) was a new experience for me. It was good because he was quite well-prepared, enthusiastic and quick to learn. I feel that I am growing as a director with every film. Even I am learning on-the-job (laughs).

I got a hang of direction while choreographing songs. The day I got an offer to direct a film I just took the plunge (laughs). In Tamil cinema, I look upto K Balachander as a filmmaker. And then, there's Steven Spielberg. I feelthat one can get a course in filmmaking by just viewing his films.

Down memory lane
I remember Madhuriji (Madhuri Dixit) being quite anxious before the shoot of He Ke Sera Sera from Pukar. On the first day, I told her to relax saying that I would give her one tough step only. However, we kept on increasing the difficulty level day by day. She would rehearse hard till she mastered one step, and then we would add another (laughs out loud). However, she was simply superb.


Matinee masti
My five all-time favourite films would be Kadhalikka Neramillai, Anbe Vaa, Lord Of The Rings, Modern Times and Wanted. The first two are Tamil cult classics, while Lord Of The Rings is a technical masterpiece. I am a huge Charlie Chaplin fan and loved the cultural significance of Modern Times. Finally, Wanted because it's my first Bollywood film.

No comments:

Post a Comment