Monday 8 July 2013

I was on the verge of breaking down: Rituparna

I was on the verge of breaking down: Rituparna


Rituparna blames her team for her run-in with officials at the Toronto airport

Before taking her flight to Canada, Rituparna Sengupta had no idea what trouble awaited her at the Toronto airport. The actress was detained for almost six hours over the weekend in Toronto for apparently not having the right papers for her passage to Canada.

However, the actress states that it was a simple miscommunication between her and her team that led to her miserable wait at the airport.

The actress says, `The staff applied for a fresh visa by mistake though my last visa was still valid. The misunderstanding in the paperwork landed me in trouble.` What irked Rituparna most was that the authorities threatened to throw her behind bars.

`They questioned me on why I was carrying my cheque books to a foreign land. They even cast aspersions on my mental state. I was on the verge of breaking down, ` says the actress.

It was only after the Indian embassy in Canada intervened that the actress was allowed to carry on. `I will never forget this horrible experience any time soon. If there were any issues with my visa, how did the Indian airport authorities allow me to leave the Indian soil?` she adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment