Monday 8 July 2013

There was no patch-up as such with Ranbir at Arjun's birthday bash: Sonam Kapoor

There was no patch-up as such with Ranbir at Arjun`s birthday bash: Sonam Kapoor


High on the success of her latest film, Raanjhanaa, Sonam Kapoor gets candid about her supposed patch-up with her first leading man, Ranbir Kapoor and future projects

Are you happy with your performance in Raanjhanaa?
No, I am not satisfied with my performance. I could have acted better. Well, you certainly look happy with the film's box-office response. Of course, I am very happy with the response, especially for Aanand (Rai, the director) Sir and Dhanush.



Bhaag Milkha Bhaag is obviously about its male protagonist. Do you have a meaty role, too?
My role in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag is not the meatiest, but it gave me another opportunity to work with director Rakeysh Om Prakash Mehra after Dilli 6 and a chance to act with Farhan Akhtar. I have a special appearance in the film.

I also did the film because Prasoon Joshi has written the script. Farhan Akhtar and you must have known each other from childhood since Javed and your dad were friends. I have only met Farhan socially; I didn't know him well. While working with him in this film, I didn't meet Farhan, I only met Milkha Singh.

Apparently you charged only Rs 11 for this film.
Yes, Rakeysh offered me Rs 11 as shagun.


Are you going to reprise Rekha's role in Khoobsurat?
Yes, I like the spirit of the girl in the film. My sister is producing the film. It's too early to talk about it since I have not yet started filming.

Do you believe in the current trend of remaking classics?
This is the first remake I am doing and is completely different from the original. I think every generation relooks at a story. I don't think there is anything wrong with remakes.


Are you looking at signing a spate of films now?
I have just two films right now Yash Raj Film's untitled next (with Ayushmann Khurrana) and Khoobsurat. I haven't signed any other films till now. I am going to take my time and choose the right film now. I am very choosy. My character and the script have to appeal to me.

All your films revolve around love stories. Are you a romantic at heart?
I am very romantic. I want to live my life vicariously through my characters. What kind of partner are you looking for? Someone who is intelligent, likes adventures, likes to travel... just a nice guy actually (laughs).

Will we see you share screen space with you dad?
If it's a good role for both of us, then yes, definitely.


Ranbir and you patched up at your cousin, Arjun Kapoor's birthday bash. Does that signal a professional coming together?
He did come for the party but there was no patch-up as such -- we have always been friends. There has never been a film that was offered to both of us, but of course, I would like to work with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment