Monday 8 July 2013

Who discouraged Sonakshi from taking up 'Lootera'

Who discouraged Sonakshi from taking up `Lootera`



She maybe getting rave reviews for her moving performance in Vikramaditya Motwane's 'Lootera' but Sonakshi Sinha says she was warned by many against doing the period film so early in her career

Sonakshi started her career with 'Dabangg' and went on to star in masala movies 'Rowdy Rathore', 'Dabangg 2' and 'Son Of Sardaar'. The story of unrequited love, set in the era of 1950s, came as a nice challenge for Sonakshi.

She plays a pampered but devoted daughter of a Bengali zamindaar who falls in love with a stranger with dubious past. 'After 'Dabangg' people saw me in a particular kind of cinema. I heard comments like 'This is too early in your career', 'You may not be able to pull it off', 'You need to be mature for something like this'.


'I was irritated and decided to prove everyone wrong. I tried doing something experimental and I am happy that I was able to carry it off, ' Sonakshi told in an interview. The actress credits Motwane for bringing out the best in her and feels without him it would have been impossible to do the role of Pakhi.

'It is my most challenging role till date. Because it is set in the 1950s, an era I know nothing about. I have just gone by pure instinct and Vikram's direction. He is a tremendous director, I could not have done it without him.

I am so glad that the first opportunity where I got to showcase my range as an actor was with Vikram, ' Sonakshi said. It is another busy year for Sonakshi. After 'Lootera', she is looking forward to three more releases - 'Once Upon a Time In Mumbaai Dobara', 'Bullet Raja' and 'Rambo Rajkumar'.

No comments:

Post a Comment