Tuesday 2 July 2013

Why Paoli Dam goes Bold

Why Paoli Dam goes Bold


Paoli Dam, who came into the limelight with her dare bare act in Hate Story was recently seen in Ankur Arora Murder Case.

The dusky girl is a known name in Tollywood with as she's acted in films like Shob Charitro Kalponik and Kaalbela. CS caught up with her for a chat on films.

Tollywood vs Bollywood
There's not much difference in terms of story-telling, however the budget and infrastructure in Mumbai is better. Recently, I had a great time working with the likes of Kay Kay Menon and Tisca Chopra. I don't select my films as per their 'bold' quotient.

I am an actor, so I play roles, which seem interesting and challenging. My friends, family and close ones appreciated my act in Hate Story.



Remembering Rituda
I was fortunate to act in Rituparno Ghosh's Shob Charitro Kalponik. It happened quite early in my career. I remember him doing my makeup, helping me drape the sari. He had a different kind of energy altogether. Rituda knew how to make a woman look good.

Films and me
Whenever I get free time, I watch Ritwik Ghatak's films. I like to read as well. I love Rabindranath Tagore's Bengali novels. Catching up with friends is also fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment