Thursday 28 March 2013

Kabir Khan bids Yashraj Adieu, moves on to Nadiadwala

Kabir Khan bids Yashraj Adieu, moves on to Nadiadwala

By Subhash K Jha

Having directed three films for Yashraj Films Kabir Khan has moved on. His next directorial venture would be produced by Sajid Nadiadwala.

Putting this significant movement on-record Kabir says, `Yes, my next film is not produced by Yashraj but Sajid Nadiadwala. Aditya Chopra (at the helm of Yashraj) and I have worked together on three very important films.

I've enjoyed my association with Adi and Yashraj thoroughly. And I'd love to do another film with Yashraj in future. But my next film is for Sajid Nadiadwala. `

Not willing to reveal too many details of the project Kabir says it would not be bereft of a socio-political backdrop. `It will be a fun film. But it will have a socio-political perspective.


I don't think I can make a film that would be called mindless entertainment. At the same time my cinema has a high entertainment value. Or so I'd like to think. Even Kabul Express was great fun to make, though gruelling because of locations. `

At the moment Kabir shoots down talk of Hrithik Roshan playing the lead in his next. `There has been talk of Hrithik or Saif being in my film. But nothing has been decided about the cast yet. `

No comments:

Post a Comment