Saturday 9 March 2013

‘Of course, I will be part of Mr India 2’, Sridevi




Sridevi who made a great comeback with Gauri Shinde’s ‘English Vinglish’ said that she would definitely be part of sequel to 1987 blockbuster ‘Mr India’ which starred Anil Kapoor and Sridevi in the lead. Amrish Puri in iconic villain character Mogambo is still remembered. The superhero flick was directed by Shekhar Kapur and produced by Boney Kapoor. Boney Kapoor is again in the process to make a sequel to the film.
"Of course, I will be part of Mr India 2. But right now it is too early to talk about it. I don't know what my role is going to be in the sequel. My husband is now going to start shooting No Entry Main Entry. So only after he finishes this film, we can talk about Mr India 2," said Sridevi.
Sridevi is overwhelmed to see the response of 'English Vinglish'.
"English Vinglish was the right kind of film and I had a great character. It was one film which every woman could identify with, be it wife or sister. Gauri conveyed the message so well.

"Post the release of the film, many women came up to me and said that they were inspired by my character Shashi and have started learning English," said Sridevi, who was in the capital last night for the launch of Fiona, a digital RO water purifying technology.

When asked what she feels most comfortable in, the actress said, "I love track pants. I know I cannot wear them all the time. I feel that whatever you wear, you should be to be comfortable in. I don't want to wear something which I am not sure. My elder daughter is in her teens and she keeps updating me about styles."

The actress said that before stepping out, she has to take the approval of her husband and children.

"I prefer wearing a sari to gown. When I go anywhere, I should look dignified and elegant. Before anyone else, I have to please my husband and children. My elder daughter Jhanvi is my biggest critic," she said.

When asked if her daughter will make her Bollywood debut anytime soon, Sridevi said, "Let them finish their studies. They are doing very well. Whatever they want to do, they are free to do do."

No comments:

Post a Comment