Monday 8 July 2013

With 'Revolver Rani', Vir tastes seriousness

With `Revolver Rani`, Vir tastes seriousness



Bollywood actor Vir Das, who has made audiences roll with laughter in movies like "Delhi Belly" and "Go Goa Gone", will be seen in a serious and dark role in Tigmanshu Duhlia's "Revolver Rani". He says he wanted to test his own versatility.

The movie features Kangana Ranaut as a gangster.

"'Revolver Rani' is a dark love story played between Kangana and me. It is a spiral and a very dark human and emotional story. I just wanted to see if I could do it, " Vir told IANS on the sidelines of the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) weekend and awards here.

He also has a love story in hand. It is titled "Sooper Se Ooper".

"It is a romance story set in Rajasthan, " said Vir, who recently announced that he will write and produce a "high concept comedy" movie with filmmaker Nikhil Advani.

Vir, a popular standup comedian, says he enjoys doing different things within the comedy genre.

"To me, the trick is not how can I make people laugh. It is, how can I make people laugh in a different way. I share a good rapport with my audience, but I can't always do pathbreaking cinema.

"You can't always do 'Delhi Belly' and 'Go Goa Gone'! Sometimes you just have to jump into it, " he said.

Also, Vir said a good comedy film can't be average.

"I think comedy is a double-edged sword. A bad song you will either watch or won't watch. But bad comedy can make you want to commit murder. There's nothing called okay comedy. It is either good or bad. And that's more challenging, " he said.

At IIFA, Vir has been busy promoting his forthcoming comedy film "Santa Banta" with co-actor Boman Irani.

He says "it is just stupid comedy".

"This is my loudest performance till date, " added the actor, who admits he had his apprehensions about taking on the project.

"It was one of those projects which I was oscillating back and forth. It is completely against my image. Akashdeep's (director Akashdeep Sabir) greatest strength was that he got the right people in the room together, " he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment