Sunday 7 July 2013

Ranveer Singh celebrates his 27th birthday




Ranveer Singh whose ‘Lootera’ was released yesterday with applauding reviews from the critics has one more reason to celebrate. The actor turns 27 on 6th July and is looking forward to a double celebration.
Ranveer Singh was born as Ranveer Singh
Ranveer Singh Bhavnani in Mumbai in 1985 to Jagjit Singh Bhavnani and Anju Bhavnani. Since childhood he wanted to pursue a career in film industry. Ranveer recalls, “I always wanted to be an actor ever since I was a little kid. I knew that I had to do something related to performing arts and I enjoyed acting the most as it incorporated so many different art forms. I must say, I was a very filmy kid. I used to watch a lot of TV and get very influenced by Bollywood.”
He used to participate in cultural activities like dramas and debates in school. He remembers dancing in a birthday party on the tunes of 1991 released super hit song ‘Chumma Chumma’. Focusing his dream, he joined H R College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai. But he realized that getting a break in Bollywood was difficult as he had no godfather or mentor. It is an interesting fact that actress Sonam Kapoor and producer Rhea Kapoor are second cousins of Ranveer Singh. Even though Anil Kapoor is a relative of Ranveer, he could not find any break in movies.
Saddened by this he thought of shifting his focus to his second passion of ‘creative writing’. For this he went to US and took admission in Indiana University, Bloomington to pursue Bachelor of Arts. After coming to India in 2007, he joined an advertising firm as copywriter. He still focused on acting. He prepared his portfolio and sent that to various directors. Ranveer says, “My ambition was always to bag a lead role in a film and hence I refrained from doing any ads, TV serials, music videos as I felt that a fresh face always works much better. It was a gamble and I took that gamble telling myself that I will give it my all to bag a lead role.”
In 2010, he got his big deserved break from YRF and was offered a lead role in ‘Band Baaja Baaraat’. The movie was a hit and he was taken as lead in YRF next movie ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’. His third movie was ‘Lootera’. Ranveer is basking in glory as ha has many movies in his kitty.
Wish him a happy birthday and all the very best!

No comments:

Post a Comment