Friday 28 September 2012

John Abraham narrowly escapes death



Shooting an action scene is not a catwalk. An action scene needs to be shot with perfection and utmost care otherwise consequence would be very dreadful. While shooting an action scene for Balaji ‘Shootout At Wadala’, Anil Kapoor who is playing cop in the movie fired very close to John Abraham. Anil’s bad aim has saved John’s life otherwise John would have not survived today.
On Monday night John Abraham who plays a gangster at Manya Surve escaped death while filming a gunfire scene on the sets of Sanjay Gupta's Shootout At Wadala at Haffkine Institute.
Anil Kapoor who is playing a cop was to shot a blank bullet (minus metallic lead) on John from a minimum distance of 15 feet. The shot burst into flames but hit John with 10 times more intensity than it supposed to be. Due to Anil’s bad aim, the bullet did not hit in middle of John’s neck and the bullet browsed on the left side of his neck. Hence, the actor narrowly escaped death.
The unit was shocked. "There was utter panic all around. Everybody realised what could have happened if Kapoor timed his shot well. Gupta screamed and demanded an explanation for the miscalculation of distance," a source informs.

When contacted, Kapoor confirmed the incident and added, "John was very fortunate and sporting." As for Abraham, he simply said, "It would have been all over for me on September 23. I still can't believe that I am alive."

A doctor was called on the sets to attend to Abraham, whose ears were "ringing for 24 hours" after the accident.

"My neck was burnt and the wound is still there on my collar bone. It hurts. But I am carrying out my day-to-day work pretending as if nothing has happened. I shall definitely take a long time to forget what happened at Haffkine Institute. If you ask me whose fault it is, I would only say that everything happened in the heat of the moment. Nobody expected the intensity and the velocity of those blank bullets. I think I should have checked Mr Kapoor's gun. I always check and double-check my guns if I am doing any firing scene. I am agnostic but I now feel that there is God up there," Abraham added.
The director was speechless. "I don't know what to say. When I think of it, it sends shivers down my spine," he told us.

No comments:

Post a Comment