Monday 22 October 2012

Yash Chopra cremated in Mumbai



Ace filmmaker Yash Chopra’s last rites have been conducted and his final journey begins from Yash Raj studio. His body was taken at Mumbai's Pawan Hans crematorium. The filmmaker died of dengue and multiple organ failure on Saturday. He was 80.
Yash Chopra declared his retirement from film direction on his 80th birthday. ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ which is slated to release this Diwali was his last film. The filmmaker’s body was kept at Yash Raj studio overnight for the people to pay their last respect.
His body was covered with white flowers and was kept on stage number 3 of the Yash Raj Films studio. Several black and white as well as colored photos of the legendary were placed around the stage where his body was kept and several candles lit around it.
Though out the night, celebrities flowed in to pay their last respect to the maestro. Celebrities and common man kept rounding until his final journey begins.
His two sons, Aditya Chopra, Uday Chopra and actress Rani Mukherjee stood near the stage with tears on eyes while his other family members sat behind.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, Shahrukh Khan, Vidya Balan, Shahid and Pankaj Kapoor with mother Supriya Pathak, Parineeti Chopra, Sridevi with husband Boney Kapoor, Manoj Kumar, Kajol with mother Tanuja and sister Tannisha, Tabu, Kabir Khan with wife Mini Mathur, Prem Chopra, Ashutosh Gowarikar, Vipul Shah, Abbas Mastan, Ramesh Sippy, Gulzar, Subhash Ghai, Shyam Benegal, Saroj Khan, David Dhawan, Resul Pukkotty, Imran Khan and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy paid last respect to the ‘King Of Romance’.
Waqt’, ‘Daag’, ‘Kabhi Kabhie’, ‘Trishul’, ‘Silsila’, ‘Chandni’, ‘Lamhe’, ‘Darr’, ‘Veer Zaara’ 'Deewar', 'Trishul', 'Kaala Patthar', 'Mashaal', 'Vijay' are some of his cult work that never losses its charm.
Shahrukh Khan who worked with Yashji in some of the hit films and starred in his last film JTHJ said, "Whenever my loved ones depart, I feel a part of me extinguishes itself with them. Will there come a day that I will no longer have a bit of myself to let go of? And then the thought follows ... that every time they have taken some of me with them onto their last journey, I have found a fragment of them left inside me too.

"I will always have some love to give and I will always be both emptied and replenished by the loved ones I lose. I keep u with me Yashji and I miss u too Yashji ... lots," Shah Rukh posted on Twitter.
Amitabh Bachchan whose association with Yash Chopra is long back said that he deserved to live longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment