Tuesday 27 November 2012

Reema Kagti expresses her desire to team up with Aamir again



Talaash” is in the news heavily, more so because the film is gearing for a release on the 30th of November, 2012. The film stars Aamir Khan, Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor in pivotal roles.
Reema Kagti who previously debuted as a director with “Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd.”, is the director of this film. She is also the co-writer of “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara” along with Zoya Akhtar. The film is a joint venture by Aamir Khan of Aamir Khan Productions and Riteish Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar of Excel Entertainment.
When Reema was asked about her equation with Aamir Khan and if she would want to work with him again she expressed her willingness quite like this, “I would cut off my arms to work with him again. Both of us are very obsessive about what we do. So we got along like a house on fire.”
The film belongs to the genre of suspense thriller. It is a genre that is excelling and garnering the attention of the masses at the moment. What is interesting is that the entire cast and crew of the film have been tight-lipped regarding the storyline of this film.
At the first promotional outing when Reema revealed a little bit about the film she was stopped immediately by Aamir and the other two producers. Thus it is evident that they want to keep the suspense building among the audiences regarding the plot of this film. When she was quizzed about this, she said "If I tell you the plot then the three producers would have me shot dead. Since it has an element of surprise, it is best that you go and watch it rather than hear the story from me.”
Zoya Akhtar too has co-written this film. Speaking about their future collaborations Reema Kagti said “Currently Zoya and I are developing two scripts. It's too premature to talk about them. We are trying to do some kind of memorable film making.”
Reema Kagti also made it known that she is looking for new talent. When queried she said, “I would definitely like to scout for new talent in the city. I am a movie buff and I watch Bengali films too.” She also expressed that she would want to work with Amitabh Bachchan. She was quoted as saying, “When I was a kid I used to see all 'masala' commercial Hindi films. I loved Mr. Amitabh Bachchan, I was in fact obsessed. I wanted to be like him. As a kid I used to imitate him, I used to have middle parting hair, try and speak dialogues from his films

No comments:

Post a Comment